WORKOUT OF THE DAY
A) Barbell Skills: Power Clean
B) All Athletes:
10-1: Power clean
1-10: Toes to bar
- Do 10 power cleans, 1 toes to bar
- Then 9 power cleans, 2 toes to bar
- Then 8 power cleans, 3 toes to bar... you get the picture...
Advanced aim is 60/40kg power cleans
Intermediate aim is 50/35kg power cleans
Beginner aim is 40/30kg power cleans
She Cooks, She Cleans, She Found a Bargain at Billingsgate
After many failed attempts, I finally made it to Billingsgate Market. This MAHOOSIVE fish market is just around the corner from our box – about 3 stops on the 277 bus, or a 15 minute walk – and is a paleo-ish cook and athlete's dream come true. Phil and I try to eat a good amount of fish (important to get that Omega 3), but, with the amount of food we eat, going to your standard grocery store to get fish either results in bankrupting this poor girl or worse, forcing me to cook sub-par seafood!
Then Billingsgate Market entered my life. Ten wild salmon fillets for £14? Yes please. One kilo of decent-sized prawns for £10? Get in.
In celebration of Billingsgate Market and all the great seafood I will be purchasing there, today's recipe is... you guessed it... fish.
Lemon Thyme Cod wrapped in Pancetta
What you'll need:
4 cod loins
Fresh lemon thyme, leaves removed (approx. 1 tbls)
8 slices pancetta
1 tbls lemon-infused olive oil
Now get started:
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees.
- Arrange the cod in a roasting dish
- Sprinkle the lemon thyme over top
- Wrap 2 pieces of pancetta around each cod loin
- Drizzle the olive oil over top the cod
- Pop it in the oven for approximately 15 minutes, or until the cod is opaque throughout and flakes easily
I like to serve this with roasted vegetables (courgettes, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower) and roasted tomatoes. Enjoy!
PS A couple things learned from my many failed attempts to get to Billingsgate Market...
- Just because the signs SAY the market is open until 9.30 am, doesn't necessarily MEAN that it is. Try and get there as early as possible. I've found that it typically closes up completely at 8.30 am
- Bring cash. They're not impressed with a sheepish smile and 'I only have a card, is that ok?'