We're almost there... Kilos for a Cure is THIS weekend! Join us on Sunday 25 October from 9.30 am to noon for 'Grace' and a 1 RM clean & jerk, with prizes given out to the fastest "Grace" times for men and women in beginner, intermediate and advanced categories, the top 1 RM, and Best Dressed Athlete (think pink!).
We have had an amazing response from CrossFitters and Weightlifters across London and to make sure we have space for everyone, we will be starting our heats a little bit earlier than planned.
Here's the plan...*
8:45 am - Doors open and athletes start warming up (we will have a small warm-up area available)
9.15 am - Welcome and athlete briefing
9.30 - 11.45 am - Heats of 8 athletes (of all categories) will run every 15 minutes with a 5 minute change over
11.50 am - Noon - Awards & Thank Yous
* Timings are approximate and may change depending on the exact number of athletes participating. We'll try and stay as close to our plan as possible!
- We are asking for a minimum £5 donation to participate and all money will be donated to Breast Cancer Now. You can make your donation via our Just Giving page: www.justgiving.com/kilosforacure or you can make a cash donation on the day.
- Spaces in heats are available on a first come, first served basis, so arrive early to get the spot you'd like.
- We will need judges for every athlete in every heat, so please make yourself available!
- Bring cash! We will have food available to purchase – Battle Oats, Primal Pantry Bars, Naked Ape, bottled water, coffee at Bow Creek Café - and there will be also be raffles and friendly betting for some great stash, with all proceeds will going to charity.
And don't forget about the swag!
The guys at Iron Elite Apparel have very generously designed us Limited Edition t-shirts for men and vests for women to commemorate the event. T-shirts and vests will be available to purchase on the day for £20 each with all proceeds going to Breast Cancer Now.
Get involved on Social Media
Let us know how you're getting ready for Kilos for a Cure on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram:
@crossfit1864 @breastcancernow #KilosforaCure
We want to see the pink kit you'll be rocking, hear about your target time for Grace, and see you practicing your clean & jerk for the 1 rep max!
Any questions left unanswered?
See you all there!
Weightlifting Skill Development
A) Overhead Squat
A1) In 15 minutes build to a heavy double.
- Power clean the weight, move it from shoulders to behind the neck, switch to snatch grip, split jerk it overhead and then do the two overhead squats.
A2) Drop down to 80% of A1 and do one set for max reps
A3) EMOM x 6: 1 power clean + move the bar from shoulders to behind the neck, switch to snatch grip, PUSH PRESS it overhead.
A4) EMOM x 6: 1 power clean, move the bar from shoulders to behind the neck, switch to snatch grip, PUSH JERK it overhead.
A5) EMOM x 6: 1 power clean, move the bar from shoulders to behind the neck, switch to snatch grip, SPLIT JERK it overhead. Move straight from A3 to A4 to A5