I can do three chin ups and one dip! I'm extremely happy with the results as I was never able to do those movements prior to the course. Finally being able to do chin ups and dips is the best feeling ever! - Rachelle
For the past 6 weeks, we have been holding a specialised Developing Gymnastics Strength Course which ran on Monday and Wednesday evenings.
The goal of this particular course was to develop basic pushing and pulling strength, specifically in relation to pull-ups/chin-ups and dips. We also put our budding gymnasts on individualised nutrition programs in order to make the most out of the program.
Here are just some of the incredible results
- Over 40 lbs (nearly 20kg) of weight lost - that is an average of 6 lbs (nearly 3kg) per attendee, in just 6 weeks!
- Participants who began the course with zero pull-ups or dips can now do multiples!
- Attendees have the knowledge and resources to keep progressing with their gymnastic movements now the course has ended
I lost 1st 5lbs and went from being able to barely do a chin up and zero ring dips to 5+ chin ups and 7 ring dips! - Gareth
I've lost 12lbs and in the process learnt about eating clean which I believe is the foundation for seeing results. Completing the course has produced a slimmer body and I can now do more than one proper pull up and a bar dip. - Sarah
The best part was being part of a small group of people all wanting to achieve the same end goal and the support that everyone gave each other. It was also great being able to benefit from some really intensive coaching. - Dean
Next up... Developing Advanced Gymnastics:
Muscle Ups & Handstand Push ups
Our next gymnastics course will begin on 18 January and run until 25 February 2016. Developing Advanced Gymnastics is aimed at those of you looking to develop more complex gymnastic movements such as strict/kipping muscle-ups and strict/kipping/deficit Handstand Push-Ups.
Why should you do the course?
It gets results, fast! Whilst we do work on these movements occasionally during classes, some times we need extra work to get where we want to be. All it takes is a few days a week of dedicated progressions and strength work, along with some nutritional tweaks, to get you there.
What can I expect?
- 2 sessions a week over 6 weeks (12 sessions total), every Monday and Thursday 7-8 pm.
- Build strength & learn technique. Each session will focus on developing pushing and pulling strength, as well as technique work for complex gymnastics movements, specifically muscle-ups and handstand push-ups.
- Individualised nutritional programs for each attendee so they can make the most out the course.
- Weekly homework designed to improve your success on the course and build lasting results.
Who is this course for?
This is an advanced course and we are working on more advanced gymnastic movements. For this we advise certain requirements. We won't prevent anyone from signing up, but to make the most out of the course we suggest you sign-up if you can perform the following:
- 3+ strict chest to bar chin/pull-ups & 3 strict ring dips (for muscle-ups)
- 30 second wall facing handstand hold with, chest to wall (for handstand push-ups)
If you are there or there abouts, this course is for you! Even if you have a couple of handstand push-ups, or some shaky muscle-ups, this course can develop and hone those skills so that you can confidently hit these movements during WODs.
The course is limited to just 8 people
I would definitely recommend the gymnastics course, especially if you are unable to do the movements. the coaching is awesome and it's a lot of fun doing the classes with other members! - Rachelle
How much is it?
The course is £179. This works out to just £29 per week for x2 coached sessions, individualised nutritional programming and your specific homework!
WORKOUT OF THE DAY
"CrossFit Open 11.2"
Complete as many rounds as possible in 15 mins of:
9 Deadlifts (70/45 kg)
15 Box Jumps (24/20 in)