Do you believe in Cupid's Arrow? Perhaps a bit juvenile... How about Love at First Sight? No? Ok.... do you believe in Swolemates?? Of course you do! Find yours and get ready to THROWDOWN.
Will you be my Swolemate? is a mixed pairs throwdown at CrossFit 1864 taking place on Sunday 14 February (of course) from 9 am - noon. The day will consist of 3 partner WODs and one BIG. BAD. HEARTBREAKER of a final!
- Teams must be Girl/Boy (if we have an uneven number of interested athletes, your coaches will make sure you have a team)
- We will have scalings for the WODs on the day, just as you would do for a class. You will be able to use different scalings from your partner (e.g. both athletes don't need to have pull-ups to be on a team together)
- You CANNOT partner with your Significant Other
How to Sign Up
- We will have a sheet on the whiteboard for you to sign up your team
- If you don't have a partner yet, put your name on the sign up sheet and Coach Cupid will set you up on your first Swolemate Date
- The Throwdown is free of charge to all CF1864 members
As always, friends, family and real life Significant Others are more than welcome to come down and cheer you on!
Any questions? Send them to firstname.lastname@example.org
WORKOUT OF THE DAY
A) Strength: Back Squat
A1) Every Minute On the Minute (EMOM) x 10
1 Back squat (Across @ 87% 1RM)
B) Strength / Conditioning Gymnastics
4 rounds, not for time:
9 Good mornings
12 Back rack walking lunges
15 Toes to bar
Rest 1 minute