Beyond the Whiteboard (BtWB) is that funny-looking website we ask you to sign up to when you start training with us (it's also a handy app you can download to your phone!)
Regular logging allows you to build up an accurate picture of your fitness and present stage of development, and regular logging is also crucial to making the most of your training sessions (how many times do we do percentage-based lifting or ask for your 2km PB row 500m average split?). Without this information you won't be able make the most out of our training program, and you may be slowing your own progression.
Let's take a look at some of the cool features of Beyond the Whiteboard, and also some of the stuff you may not even know was there!
With your Beyond the Whiteboard account, you can...
- Log, plan & analyse your fitness journey - Have you read our past blogs about how you can log and modify your workouts, and how to track your progress?
- Track your overall fitness via the Fitness Level number, a single number that captures how fit you are with data compared across all the users worldwide. Confused by your Fitness Level? Don't worry, we've got a blog for that too!
- Instant analysis: View personal records, gym/world rankings, work/power output and much more.
- Track your weigh-ins using the built-in body composition calculator, as well as other lifestyle factors such as sleep and mobility.
- Movement analysis and projections with easy to find 1, 3, 5, or 10 rep max lifts with analysis on other movements.
- Learn which movements are your strengths and weaknesses, based on the workouts you've logged.
- Be part of the CF1864 Community! Comment on each other's posts and offer words of support, encouragement and praise, or maybe even a bit of competitive banter...
Beyond the Whiteboard Blog
Did you know that BtWB also have a blog where the publish loads of cool posts?
Often they analyse the BtWB community with cool posts such as:
You can also see how Games athletes, like Dan Bailey, prepare the whole year for the CrossFit Games:
Beyond the Whiteboard is one of the most valuable resources we offer at CrossFit 1864, but it's only as valuable as the time you dedicate to using it and keeping it up to date. Keeping a consistent and thorough training log is one of the BEST ways to appreciate the hard work and dedication you put in to your training, but it also serves as a timely reminder to just how far you have progressed.
Having difficulties with BtWB or not quite sure how to access any of the features we mentioned above? Ask a coach and they'll be more than happy to help!
WORKOUT OF THE DAY
Every 90 seconds, for 12 minutes (4 sets each),alternate between:
8 Front squats
8 Bench press
*Warm-up to something challenging and make each set a tough one
10 minute AMRAP:
5 Deadlifts (125/80 kg)
10 Handstand push-up