We are excited to announce that Developing Advanced Gymnastics is back! Beginning Monday 24 October, this six week course is aimed at athletes looking to develop more complex gymnastic movements such as strict/kipping muscle-ups and strict/kipping/deficit Handstand Push-Ups.
Why should you do the course?
It gets results, fast! Whilst we do work on these movements occasionally during classes, some times we need extra work to get where we want to be. All it takes is a few days a week of dedicated progressions and strength work, along with some nutritional tweaks, to get you there.
What can I expect?
- Two sessions per week over 6 weeks (12 sessions total), every Monday and Thursday from 7 to 8 pm.
- Build strength & learn technique. Each session will focus on developing pushing and pulling strength, as well as technique work for complex gymnastics movements, specifically muscle-ups and handstand push-ups.
- Individualised nutritional programs for each attendee so they can make the most out the course.
- Weekly homework designed to improve your success on the course and build lasting results.
Who is this course for?
This is an advanced course and we are working on more advanced gymnastic movements. For this, we advise certain prerequisites. We won't prevent anyone from signing up, but to make the most out of the course we suggest that before you sign-up, you can perform the following:
- 3+ strict chest to bar chin/pull-ups & 3 strict ring dips (for muscle-ups)
- 30 second wall-facing handstand hold with, chest to wall (for handstand push-ups)
If you are there or there-abouts, this course is for you! Even if you have a couple of handstand push-ups, or some shaky muscle-ups, this course can develop and hone those skills so that you can confidently hit these movements even under mid-WOD fatigue.
The course is limited to just 8 people
How much is it?
The course is £179. This works out to just £29 per week for x2 coached sessions, individualised nutritional programming and your specific homework!
WORKOUT OF THE DAY
3 Rounds for time:
12 Deadlifts @ bodyweight
21 Box jump (24/20 in)
* Time cap: 15 minutes
B) Gymnastics Skill Work
Every minute, for 15 minutes, alternate between:
Minute 1: 30-45 seconds of freestanding handstand hold (or wall facing)
Minute 2: 8-12 Candlestick roll to pistol
Minute 3: 10 Arch to hollow rolls