WORKOUT OF THE DAY
Strength: Complex Method (Aerobic Power Group)
A1) Back squat: 2 x 2-3 @ 85% 1RM, 3 minutes rest between sets
– Rest 3 minutes –
A2) Jumping squat: 3 x 6 as explosively as possible, rest 90 seconds between sets
A3) Repeat A1 & A2
– Aimed to increase strength & explosive power
– Development of nervous system to recruit muscle fibres
Strength: Strength / Aerobic Method (Aerobic Capacity Group)
A1) Back squat: Take 20 minutes to build to a heavy set of 5 reps
A2) Back squat: 3 x 10 @ 40% 1RM, tempo 2020
– Rest exactly 60 seconds between sets –
– Fast and slow twitch fibre strength development
– Sustain repetitive high power output
B) Accessory (All Athletes)
B1) 3-5 Supersets
6/6 Single leg romanian deadlift @ 4111
6/6 Lateral lunge with dumbbell @ 4111
6/6 Glute bridge @ 4111
8 x 20 seconds on : 10 seconds off
*Squeeze every muscle as hard as possible!
ENGINE WORK: AEROBIC CAPACITY
2km Training: Week 1
*Sessions will be General Endurance, General Speed & Specific Training
*What is your present 2km PB split?
*What is your goal time (for the end of the cycle), 10-15 seconds faster is a solid goal
A) Specific Training
2 rounds: 10 x 200m with 30 seconds rest @ target split
*Rest 7 minutes between rounds
WEEKLY MINDSET FOCUS
How do you define success in training, career and relationships?
This week we will be focusing on what we (your coaches) see as success during your training sessions. Here's a big clue, it has nothing to do with times on the leaderboard or beating your fellow classmates.
We want you to begin thinking about why you come to class and what you focus on in each session.
WEEKLY RECOVERY PROTOCOL
- Foam roll for 5-10 minutes before or after class.
- Do this with intent i.e. No phones or social media!
- If you have a foam roller or mobility balls at home, foam roll before bed and make it part of your nighttime routine